The purpose for authors to take part in the scavenger hunt is to generate interest and traffic to their blogs. To take part in the hunt, you need to have a blog, since to participate you need to post to your blog and link to other blogs taking part.
The hunts requires to present your story and some form of exclusive content in the post to your blog and to provide one digital copy of your book to include in the grand prize.
The exclusive content may be a deleted scene from the book, a character’s interview, a short story, and excerpt from an upcoming story. But you are welcome to offer more to the readers, such as an additional giveaway, swagers, a special discount in the occasion of the hunt.
Here are the participation requirement:
- Each participating author must provide one digital copy of their novel to be included in the grand prize.
- Each participating author must provide exclusive content on the post that will be part of the hunt.
- Each participating author must guarantee to update and keep their blog operating for the duration of the hunt. If you have joined, but you realise you won’t be able to take part in the hunt, please communicate this within ten days of the scavenger hunt date (Thursday 7 March).
- The content of the post included in the hunt must be submitted by Monday 11 March.
- The hunt will be based on numbers. I will provide each author with their numbers.
- The author should be available via email or social media DM throughout the duration of the hunt (one day) in case any problem arises.
- On the day of the hunt (Sunday 17 March), the dedicated post should be the first in the author’s blog feed.
- For any question contact me at email@example.com
See a post template for the scavenger hunt.