Welcome readers! Have you ever taken part in a scavenger hunt? Well, don’t be intimidated. It isn’t difficult to participate and actually it’s a lot of fun. This is a hunt for readers of stories historically set in the first decades of the 20th century (1910s, 1920s and 1930s)… but hey, not only! If you like that time (and I mean, there’s a lot to love: the Jazz Age, the Swing Age, women winning the right to vote, and yes, also WWI and the escalation to WWII) I’m sure you’ll find a lot to love in the posts of this scavenger hunt. Who knows, you may find your next favourite author!
All you have to do is read through the posts of all the participants, find the clue on each post (it will be a number) and in the end, enter the result in the Gleam form. You may be the winner of the grand prize: one novel from each of the authors taking part.
There are 13 authors taking part, but you’ll have a chance at winning 15 novels, since one author is offering a box set. How good is that?
So, here is how you hunt:
- Start from any blog participating in the hunt. All the blogs are connected, so you’ll need to visit all of them to gain the correct clues. If in doubt, start HERE.
- Find their scavenger hunt post. It should be the first appearing on their blog, but in any case it will be easy to spot because it will show the scavenger hunt banner.
- Read their post – and if you like it, don’t forget to share it on all your social media!
- Look for a number in the blog. It won’t be difficult to spot. Write down that number.
- At the bottom of the post there will be a link to the next blog taking part in the scavenger hunt. Click that link and visit the next blog.
- Repeat until you get back to the blog you started from.
- Add up all the numbers you have collected. Visit the ENTER HERE page and tick the right total from the list you’ll find in the Gleam form. There, you’ll find additional options and chances to win.
- The winner will be drawn and announced on Monday 18 March
- The winner’s name will be posted (First name and last initial only) on all blogs.
Good luck and have a great hunt. I know the best is winning the grand prize, but I’m sure you’ll have a great opportunity to meet so many fantastic authors and so many other readers and enthusiasts of historical novels set in our favourite periods.
Above all, enjoy!
The HISTORYTELLERS Scavenger Hunt will be up only on Sunday 17 March
but you are welcome to share the link to this page with all your social media and NL subscribers. Help us spread the word!